Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Project Runway...





is starting to become a good reason for me to leave the living room and post stuff on this blog. It also inspires me to think of new fashion ideas, like a men's line that is only made up of white t-shirts. I think that means it's time to post a poor quality John Brown live recording (while my wife is watching project runway at the moment...the whole fashion line thing is a bad attempt at humor...I guess you either have to have seen John Brown play or listen to the first few seconds of this recording very closely (after the guy talks about getting fucked (I guess three nested parentheses = too much of an explanation.)))
So...John Brown was Rick Moore//Bruce Bohannon//Scott Robbins//Mike Haggerty====Guitvox//guitvox//drums//bass. I believe this band was happening concurrently with Purkinje Shift...Scott was moonlighting. Hmmm, what else? Oh yeah they are the second loudest band I've ever seen (next to Helmet.)
Their first show was at one of the porchnik parties on Glen Iris. They didn't have a band name at the time so whoever designed the fliers for the party named them "Thunder Rump." I kind of wish they would have run with that. Anyway, this recording is not from that show. In fact, I have absolutely no idea where it was recorded. One long file with no track marks... Have fun.

John Brown shot the fuck down............here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.