Monday, January 14, 2008

Another breed of cat.



AAiight...keepin' it real here. Two for the price of one (free.) The night was apparently 9/6/01 and the location was MJQ (remember when they had shows there?.) Moreland Audio was playing our first show opening up for Ocelot. This would have been about two minutes before interest in this kind of music took a complete nosedive. MANY people have said to me since " yeah, people got tired of that shit because they want to hear some ROCK!" The only problem is that the things people have gotten into since then just do not rock, but are in fact rather weak. I hate to quote Billy Joel here, but the man once said "competence is now interpreted as genius." He was actually referring to his own orchestral music there. I guess that means you have to be competent first, though. Uh oh, I'm rambling and bitter now.

What can I say about Ocelot? Four disparate characters who kept it together for several years. They even had their own slanguage, kind of like a mini-gang. Some good ones were "Das dat ol' gay shit"..."bitches leave!!!"...and "tsovertwont." That last one still has me scratching my head. I have no idea what the song titles were so if any of the Ocelot crew wants to leave a list in the comments section then feel free.

The Moreland Audio track that I labeled OG Moistener is the original nine minute version of our tune "The Moistener" that has some parts in it that I had completely forgotten about. There is actually a part in it that we eventually cut out but then used in another song a couple of years later. Only four tracks for this show. I guess we were just getting our feet wet.

Ocelot.........now

Moreland Audio

No comments: