Thursday, December 13, 2007

not in a food court...



...but in a radio station. Yes I got som peeps on the old Live @ WREK cd. Before Bryan Fielden was a beret wearin' goatee havin' jazz drummer (okay no hat or goatee) he was an indie rock guitarist. That's right. I promise. He was in a band called The 42 with another guy named Frank on drums and another guy on bass. Their track from the WREK cd is called " Perpheral Hearing Aid." I have no idea if it's Bryan singing or not. Bryan's frequent collaborator in San Augustin, Andrew Burnes, was originally known as a bass player rather than the international avant guitarde hero he is recognized as today. While he was in the aforementioned Barrel, he was also holding down the ass end of William Carlos Williams. Also in that band was my partner in tenor skronk Rob Mallard. I will be posting more music featuring Rob very soon. Their track is called "Salt Pilla (Heavy Parham.") And yes: live at wrek is now held in a food court in the student's center at Georgia Tech. The last time I played there a guy named Richard Noble was running it and he did a wonderful job...very friendly etc. It was very hard playing free jazz in that food court though, I must say. Support 'em now but don't forget this old stuff. The cd is available as a real player file on the wrek.org site.

42 and WCW this way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig Dempsey played bass in the 42. He went on to play guitar in At the Price of the Union and Thoroughbred, as well as a stint with Good Friday Experiment.

Ben Davis said...

Thanks Rick...I had forgotten that Craig was is the 42. I guess I could have looked on the cd or asked Bryan...naahhhh!!!