Wednesday, December 5, 2007

More Moreland...


I just found a recording of Moreland Audio dated 1/17/02 from the Earl. I believe it was recorded by Henry Owings. Also on the bill that night were Ocelot and The Common Cold. I seem to remember not liking The CC that much, but when I looked them up on itunes...well it sounds kind of like Moreland Audio (maybe a little lighter.) It's funny, but when I listen to this stuff I can hear people I know in the audience and form a mental picture of the night. Listen for Bruce Bohannon...super easy to pick out. I also seem to remember Gary getting annoyed with the "crazy stuff" that I said in between songs, and you can see what that amounts to here.

MO//AUD live @ EARL

In the hopper for the moment I get an external hard drive:

Barrel studio album
Nine Underground (atlanta electronic music 80-82)
Keith Leslie/Ben Davis free jazz duets
Nu South Subterraneans
Book of Rides

1 comment:

chnkltgy said...

I did, in fact, record this. MA was so fucking great!