Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Direction(able)



Back before I went off in this particular musical direction, which may not be particularly discernible by the odd collection of music here, I was a card carrying punk. Germs, F.U.s, Misfits (ew boy) etc...ONLY. Around 1992 I was living in Home Park near GA Tech (though not attending) and within the next few years I ended up running into the guys that would form Barrel. I only bring it up because after hearing Barrel straight up punk rock did not seem so interesting anymore, and I wanted to find out how they got their particular sound. I was in a punk band at the time (Habeas Corpses) and it wasn't long after I heard Barrel that we all decided to call it quits. Barrel consisted of Rick Moore/Andrew Burnes/ David Daniell/ Scott Robbins.Guitar-sing/Guitar-hair/Bass-couch surfing/Drums-flat top. Maybe some day Rick will mp3ify their album for me, or maybe he'll give you one. In the meantime I'm posting links to their tracks from the "Compatibility of Dissonance" compilation...maybe from 1995? I believe it was the last stuff they ever recorded. So Rick, if you read this, the only person to blame for my artfaggotry is yourself! Would zip files of all this stuff be better? Anybody.

Barrel Tracks This Way

No comments: